Pages

23 August 2011

Prayer of Awaking

Feeling a bit stressed out? Something just isn't quite right but you can't seem to put your finger on it? Well, Imbolc has passed and we are now moving towards the Spring Equinox.  As we do so, the energies shift around again, it is little wonder that things are feel out of sorts.

As I am finding myself waking earlier (along with the sun and the birds nesting outside my bedroom window), in the early mornings hours while the world still seems very much asleep, I like to spend this time atuning with Deity.

This usually involves lighting a candle on my personal altar (that is not used within the main covenstead) and performing a small rite so that I can have some "me" time with Deity.

The following "Prayer of Awakening" is one of my favourites - taken from The Mysteries of Isis by deTraci Regula, where she also has a version in Egyptian.

Prayer of Awakening
Anyone can perform this rite. It is best performed in the morning, although this rite can be performed at any time and under any conditions. The shaking of the sistrum to open and close your observance can be added.

Awake, awake, awake
Awake in peace
Awake in beauty
Lady of Peace
Rise thou in peace
Rise thou in beauty

Goddess of Life
Beautiful in heaven
Heaven is in peace
Earth is in peace
O Goddess
Daughter of Nut
Daughter of Geb
Beloved of Osiris
Goddess rich in names
All praise to you
All praise to you
I adore you
I adore you
Lady Isis

After the prayer is recited, stand in silence for a moment. If you can, leave a candle burning all the time - I don't as by now it is usually time for me to start getting ready for work.

This morning rite will help you achieve the energies of Isis. You can alter the wording to suit your own preferences and/or Deity.

No comments:

Post a Comment