18 June 2012

Journeying with the Tarot (again)

It has been many years since I last read tarot professionally, in fact I think I actually packed away that particular deck back in 1999.  Since that time, I have acquired a number of other decks as well as oracle cards (my favourite of which being the Goddess Oracle that features the beautiful artwork of Hrana Janto) and while I still read for myself, for some reason I never felt the drive to read for others ... that is until now.

Feeling a tad apprehensive as to whether I could in fact to do this again, over the weekend I undertook a short workshop on the tarot that was being presented by Mister Tarot (aka Don McLeod), someone who I have personally known for a number of years and someone who, as his online name suggests, knows the tarot.

To my delight, the dust only appeared on my tarot cards and was not a reflection of my ability to interpret.  While I was a bit rusty in some areas, when I was undertaking a reading, I felt the gears slowly turning, the doors being unlocked, as the symbols made themselves available for me to interpret.

The more I tuned in to the cards and what I was doing, the easier the words flowed and the feeling of exhilaration was experienced with the feedback received.

What I did find of interest is that the cards that I originally purchased all those years ago, no longer held their initial appeal.  And despite having various of other decks, to professional read again I want that "special" deck ...  do I have it amongst my collection or will this mean me having to search for something new?  I guess that only time will tell.

In the meantime, I have decided that the best way for me to regain my confidence will be to offer free readings.  So stay tuned as after I have returned from our Mid Winter magickal retreat, I will be making an anouncement as to how people can to take up my offer of a free tarot reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment