02 April 2012

Year of the Scribe update

Last month I wrote about this year seeming to be the Year of the Scribe for me with news that two of my essays submitted to various anthologies had been accepted, along with some devotional poetry marked to appear in an upcoming Australian collection.  Over the weekend I received news that a further essay of mine had been accepted, this time in an upcoming anthology entitled Unto Herself: A Devotional Anthology for Independent Goddesses that will be produced by Bibliotheca Alexandrina.



Having a number of Bibliotheca Alexandrina's anthologies already on my library shelves, I am over the moon to have been able to write something that is considered suitable.   Writing for someone else's body of work is completely different to writing for my own and with anthologies, whilst editors do provide an amount of scope, being able to produce something to meet their requirements can be a challenge.

As with the two anthologies that will be produced by Avalonia Books, another independent publishing house whose many titles can also be found gracing my library shelves, it has been a thorough delight in researching and writing this latest essay.

While my commitment to producing my regular column in Insight magazine still remains close to my heart, it is a wonderful feeling to realise that my writings is reaching a wider audience, especially as my own book is due to be released towards the end of this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment